Dear Friends of HOPE,
Mark your calendar for the month of March as you are invited to a very beneficial workshop with the details below:
Date: 19 March 2016 (Saturday)
Time: 2pm to 7pm
Location: Sunflower Hall, Level 4, Global Business Convention Centre
Address: Jalan 19/1, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Research has shown the quality and reliability of the relationship between parent and child play an influential role in the well being of young children, shaping their core beliefs and how they see themselves and others. The “Good Enough Parenting model” helps parents understand that their children will internalize healthy messages from them to the extent they meet their children’s Core Emotional Need for Connection and Acceptance and that if this need is not met adequately, children will be at risk of developing unhealthy persistent negative thinking patterns (lifetraps), such as:
- I can’t trust others
- People always have an agenda
- I’m inherently flawed
- No one who knows me can truly love me
- I do not receive enough love
- I am not comfortable expressing my emotions
- I just don’t fit in
- Compared to my peers, I’m a failure.
With the aid of cartoons and movie scenes, parents/participants will learn to identify roadblocks to Connection and Acceptance. Indeed, all adults will find this workshop useful, as it will provide insights into their own early childhood environments and the core beliefs and lifetraps they may have developed, particularly those linked to their present dysfunctional behaviour. In addition, this workshop will offer participants practical solutions for overcoming unhealthy negative beliefs and their accompanying dysfunctional behaviours interfering with participants’ most important relationships.
- Participants are to be 18 and above, able to read and write in English, to spend 1.5 to 2 hours filling out a set of questionnaires. The anonymous data gathered will be used for research purposes, to promote healthy parenting, and for scientific publications. There is no charge for all participants who agree to fill out the questionnaires.
- No registration fees is required for the workshop. For participants wishing to attend the workshop but to not fill out the questionnaire have to pay an entrance fees of RM30 per person as a donation to Persatuan Kebajikan HOPE worldwide Kuala Lumpur.
SEATS ARE LIMITED! Prior registration is required
For registration to attend the workshop, kindly send in your
Name, Contact No & Email Address to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 12 March 2016
The Understanding Our Need of Connection and Acceptance Workshop
is proudly organized by
For the purposes of building a better and psychologically healthier community
Bringing HOPE Changing LIVES
Post a Comment